1. Time or Help Vouchers: After a baby is born, most new mums find they have very little time to spare. These pressies are unique baby shower gifts that are inexpensive and greatly appreciated. The voucher could be made out for your time to help with daily chores or babysitting duties.
2. Photo albums: Most new mums and dads take loads of photos of their little prince or princess at every opportunity. Having a photo album on hand when baby is born can prevent all those precious snaps from being bent or lost amongst the other baby clutter.
3. Baby Carrier: This is a fantastic practical gift that can be used from when baby is one week old. The carrier can be really handy when shopping or doing chores out and about as you can still have your hands free.
4. Home-made Hamper: Hows this for an unique gift idea for a baby shower? - Instead of opting for a pre-packaged expensive hamper, put together your own. Not only does a DIY hamper have more of a personal touch you can easily tailor it to suit the needs and tastes of the expectant mum or dad. A hamper can also be a great idea for when the baby is actually born, as you can include all the foods that mum can’t eat while pregnant.
5. Pampering Potions: Once the baby is born, most new mums find they have very little time to pamper themselves. A luxurious bath soak with some aromatherapy oils or some quality moisturizer to soothe the skin can do wonders for a new mum who needs a little TLC.
6. Baby and Toddler Meal Planner Book: A very useful and interesting book that has excellent suggestions when it comes to organizing food for babies.
7. Baby’s First Year Record Book: A beautiful record book can be a great way to document how quickly baby changes. This can store many wonderful memories of those special first events.
8. Baby Swing: This can be quite an expensive gift - but its just an idea, but one that we think is definitely worth the extra money.
9. Lambskin: A lambskin makes a wonderful baby shower gift as it is extremely versatile and completely natural. It’s cool in summer and warm in winter and can be used on the floor, in a crib or stroller.
10. Hand and Feet Casting Set: You probably wouldn’t buy one of these yourself, but they do provide a great keepsake on just how tiny baby’s feet and hands once were. The idea might not be unique but the result certianly is!